For Course Attendees Completing the Certification Course:
Watson Headache® represents a modern research-based brand of assessment, education and management protocol for those experiencing headache and or migraine by manual therapists who have undertaken and completed the attendance requirements of the three Levels of Watson Headache® Institute continuing professional development training in ‘Cervicogenic Headache and the Role C1-3 Cervical Afferents in Primary Headache’ and the Watson Headache® Approach.
On completion of the Certification course, attendees receive a Continuing Professional Development Certificate indicating that they have completed the Foundation, Consolidaiton plus 40 hours of collegiate informal and formal assessment including theory; initial and subsequent examination and treatment of headache subjects; oral presentation; viva and techniques in the Watson Headache® Approach, the Certification Course.
Permission Agreement to Use the Name – “Watson Headache® Certified Practitioner”
This permission agreement (“Agreement“) sets out the terms and conditions for your use, as an individual practitioner, of the credential or name Watson Headache® Certified Practitioner (“Name“). It applies in conjunction with the Institute’s “Intellectual Property Notice”, “Conditions of Use”, “Marketing Permission Given to Course Attendees”, “Charter for Use of Content” and“IP User Manual” and is at all times dependent on them remaining in force. All these Institute legal documents remain binding on you. The commencement date of this Agreement is indicated on the Certification Course Certificate of Attendance (“Certificate”). The parties to it are you personally and Watson Headache Institute Pty Ltd A.B.N. 38 103 196 792 (“Institute”) which includes the successors and assigns of the Institute. This Agreement is made for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Your confirmatory communications or conduct binds you to this Agreement.
You may add the following to the “Marketing Permission Given to Course Attendees” between the first and second sentences in the first paragraph: < I or Insert Your Name>, <Insert have or has> achieved the minimum requirements for certification in the assessment, management and education of the C1-C3 complex using the Watson Headache® Approach.
You are certified as an individual, not your practice. It is not permitted to use the Name as a certification of your practice or of others in your practice.
- Permission: Permission is hereby granted to you to use the Name (as an individual who has attended and completed the minimum requirements of the Institute Certification Course) for so long as you comply with all provisions of this Agreement. This permission is additional to and does not replace the Marketing Permission Given to Course Attendees.
- Duration: This Agreement is limited to compliance with all provisions of the Agreement.
- Name: At all times the Name must be used only as follows: (a) as four words in the set order; (b) with each word capitalised; (c) in a manner that complies with trade practices and fair trading law (eg is not misleading or deceptive); and (d) only alongside your name and not your practice name or the name of others in your practice who are not qualified as a Watson Headache® Certified Practitioner. Use of the Name does not make the Institute, its directors, employees, contractors or representatives liable for your services for patients or your compliance with any and all applicable regulations.
- Intellectual Property: (a) The registered trade mark symbol (“R” in a circle) must be used after the first two words Watson Headache®. (b) You must immediately rectify any non-compliant or unauthorised use of the Name with any entity, service, product, website or social media or any unauthorised use of Institute’s copyrighted work (including publications, text, images and video), brands, trade marks, domain names or other intellectual property.
- Payment: No payment is required for this Agreement. Payment will be invoiced for any new Agreement or Agreement extensions including for any re-certification.
- Termination: If you breach this Agreement the Institute may immediately terminate this Agreement. On termination or expiry of this Agreement: (a) you must cease to refer to yourself as a Watson Headache® Certified Practitioner; and (b) you may continue to state you have completed the Institute Certification Course if you have not and do not breach Institute intellectual property or other legal rights.
- Transfer: The Institute may assign, subcontract or otherwise transfer this Agreement but you may not.
- Governing Law: This Agreement must be interpreted and governed by the law of the State of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia as applicable. If a dispute arises in relation to this Agreement it will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia.
Watson Headache® – Revised 01 04 2022